People ask me all the time, “How do you do batik?” I used to try to write summaries, but now I can just say go to my website!
Last Friday, Maria Wulf of Bedlam Farm came and took video of me doing batik. She wrote some beautiful blog posts about each part of the tutorial on her website, fullmoonfiberart.com, and you can read them and watch the videos by clicking the links below.
- Part 1 of the batik tutorial: Applying the wax
- Part 2 of the batik tutorial: Dye baths
- Part 3 of the batik tutorial: Painting dye on the batik
- Part 4 of the batik tutorial: Ironing the wax out
- Looking back at a life that my husband would enjoy returning to May 10, 2022
- Where did the time go? July 7, 2021
- Winter, my bigfoot days February 22, 2021
- I have to confess May 20, 2020
- Cleaning up manure keeps me humble. February 21, 2020
- But why would I want to be away? January 24, 2020
- Two Crows Find Each Other January 13, 2020
- Morning Light on the Night Shadows January 6, 2020
- Why didn’t you watch what you were doing? December 20, 2019
- Cross your fingers for my good Vanilla December 18, 2019